Saturday 18 June 2011

The Sketchbook Project

Last weekend I signed up for the Sketchbook Project.  It is the first time I have taken part in this exercise and I am looking forward to receiving my sketchbook and getting started.

I used to be heavily involved in the world of altered books and decos, so this sort of thing isn't new to me.  


Also, throughout college and university we were encouraged to keep sketchbooks and the habit has remained, although sometimes my sketches are decidedly messy and not something I would wish to show anyone!
 
You can choose a theme and the one I chose is "In 50 Years" and I have two ideas to decide on.  One is about a 50 year- old person/s and the other idea is a continuation of the landscape theme I am currently working. A look at the changes in the landscape over the last 50 years with perhaps a hint of what may come over the next 50.

It is likely my sketchbook won't arrive until mid-July as the organisers are at exhibitions just now and post to the UK from the US probably won't be all that quick either.  It gives me plenty of time to consider my options anyway.

1 comment:

jyothisethu said...

interesting to read...
the pictures and invaluable...
i like the big font which makes it easy to read...
congrats...